Monday, February 14, 2011

Wiltering Petals

“Wiltering petals”

So there I found the rose
Holding onto its last breath
It was wiltering away
The rose looked so lifeless

So I started removing the discolored petals
One by one
What a lovely surprise I found
As I removed each one

The rose was so much softer
Its color was even brighter
For beneath the wiltering petals
Was something even lovelier

I admired its warmth of beauty
I engulfed its sweet perfume
I had to smile to myself
Realizing its beauty wasn’t where I assumed

So I put the rose back down
To admire it once again
Knowing the rose won me over
From its beauty within


Written by
DMD
All rights belong to this Author
No Copy Righting

4 comments:

  1. Very nice work.
    Tempted to simply say The thorns! The THORNS! but that wouldn't be good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. once again I'm amazed & taken away with your work!
    such talent,
    Love Jeanne<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much Jeaanne, very kind of you to say!!!

    ReplyDelete